Citrus Ridge: A Civics Academy
Grade Levels: Kindergarten – 8th grade
School hours: 8:00-3:00
School Colors: Red, White, Blue
School Mascot: Pioneers
School Uniforms: Khaki/Tan, Navy Blue or Denim bottoms
K-2 students – Navy Blue polo shirts or Navy blue school t-shirt
3-5 students – Red polo shirt or red school t-shirt
6-8 students – Gray or Royal blue polo shirt or Gray or Royal school t-shirt
What makes our school unique?
- Civics content and skills are integrated throughout all content areas.
- Students will learn the responsibility of a citizen by contributing to the school community.
- Students will practice the skills of “Action Civics” by “living” their citizenship. Students will participate in a mock government simulations, address issues in their school and community, develop and practice collaboration, critical thinking, and deliberation skills.
- Middle school students may choose to participate in the Civics Leadership Academy. Electives: 6th grade – Speech/Debate, 7th grade – Engaged Citizenship through Service Learning, 8th grade – Law Studies.
- Every student, Kindergarten through 8th grade, will have their own digital device to connect with the world, make learning relevant and do research.