Civics instruction will be integrated into all Language Arts and Reading classrooms. In addition, students will take a Civics class in 7th grade. Students in all grades will experience Civics in Action through project based learning as we involve the community in the school and participate in student government.
The First Day of school for 2017-2018 is Thursday, August 10, 2017.
School Hours – 8:00 – 3:00 (for all grades)
Attendance is very important. We begin our lessons first thing in the morning and teach right up until the end of the day. If your child is consistently tardy or checked out early, they will miss the standards being taught that they are required to know. (Watch the school website for drop off and pick up times and information.)
Everyone is expected to be in uniform on the first day of school. For Kindergarten and First grade, it is also a good idea to send an extra change of clothing for your child to keep in his or her back pack for the first two weeks of school.
Please see this document for the dress code for 2017-2018.
All students in the school will be learning American Sign Language as a part of the Civics curriculum.
Spanish will be offered as an elective in the middle school.
Information for Middle School:
- Students attend seven classes per day and have a 25 minute lunch.
- Four classes are “core” classes (Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies) which are scheduled according to Florida State Assessment scores.
- One class is Reading. Students may take Advanced Reading, Regular Reading or Intensive Reading (Intensive Reading would take 2 class sessions/blocks). The level of Reading class is determined by the Florida State Assessment and FAIR testing.
- Two classes are elective classes. Electives are chosen by the students in the spring at registration time.
- Electives include Physical Education, Art, Band, Chorus, Video, Computer Applications, Pre-Law Academy, Yearbook, Digital Art, Agriculture, Spanish.
- Physical Education is a required elective unless a waiver is signed by the parent.